Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance. You probably have it, but do you fully understand it? It's important to understand Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance definitions and coverage types so you buy enough to protect yourself but not more than you need.
An Introduction to goods carrying vehicle Insurance online:
You may be an owner of a commercial vehicle but do you have insurance to back your vehicle. A comprehensive vehicle insurance policy online protects your vehicle at the same time protects your business thus giving your business a smooth flow. Your commercial vehicle remains protected from damages or road mishap.
Under the goods carrying vehicle insurance if you have a valid policy, you need not worry about the stress that may come at the later stage. Maybe you have a change of driver, well you are still protected.
A third party commercial insurance online policy protects from legal liabilities to the third party or its property, this can also include bodily injuries or death.
A comprehensive commercial insurance policy furthermore protects from the theft of your insured vehicle.
All goods carrying vehicles are offered with comprehensive protection to the vehicle. The mere fact the Vehicle Act 1988 came into picture due to the intensive growth of vehicles on the road, thus resulting in accidents or mishaps.
As a mandate, the third party insurance or liability insurance is required by all goods carrying vehicles in India.
All goods carrying vehicles do require an insurance policy. What happens in the event of you come across an accident? Who will pay off the cost of repairs? Well if you own a valid insurance policy than the insurance policy will take care of the repairs.
Owning a comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy, you will shield all financial damages and at the same time protect you from legal liabilities arising from the third parties. Whereas the Third Party commercial vehicle insurance policy online will safeguard yours from property damages, bodily injuries or death of the third party.
1. As said earlier owning goods carrying vehicle is not just enough, but owning goods carrying vehicle insurance online is a mandate to meet the rule of RTO.
2. Goods carrying insurance covers legal liabilities, bodily injuries, and death to the third party.
3. Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance Online offers monetary compensation in the event of unfortunate accidents or mishaps with a comprehensive policy thus eliminating the worry of financial setbacks.
4. Goods carrying vehicles are susceptible to different scenarios in these days. Your goods carrying vehicles can be involved in an accident or be stolen. Thus investing in Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance Online will protect you from huge financial losses. However, keep buying or renewing your insurance to avail the benefits of your policy.
5. In the event, the vehicle is endorsed by the bank for paying EMIs and the vehicle gets stolen or is completely damaged then, insurance comes in handy to pay off the loan amount.
In India, almost all kind of goods carrying vehicles which carry commercial activity, to transport goods, must be covered under Goods carrying vehicle insurance policy.
List of Goods Carrying Vehicles
3. Water Tanker
5. Pick-up Van
1. Third-party goods carrying vehicle insurance policy:
Also known as a liability-only policy. This Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance provides covers against any liability that may incur the property of the third party.
2. Comprehensive Insurance Policy:
Just above liability insurance are the comprehensive goods carrying vehicle insurance. This insurance provides coverage against any loss or damage to the goods carrying vehicle. With this comprehensive policy, your vehicle is covered for :
a. Third-Party Liability - which covers legal liabilities, damages to third party property, bodily injuries or death.
b. Own Damage - this constitutes the damage or loss caused to your vehicle under natural calamities like fire, flood, landslide, etc.
3. Add-on covers - add on the cover adds extra cover and protection to the goods carrying vehicle. Such add-ons can be customized to one's requirement however will result in extra premium.
Some of the goods carrying insurance companies have a cashless process while the others do reimburse the claims.
In a cashless process - the insurance provider will move the vehicle to the specified garage and get the work done in the due course of time. It will also provide a cashless medical treatment subject to the hospital that is tied up with the insurance company.
In a non-cashless process - In the event, the cashless process is inevitable by the insurance provider, the goods carrying vehicle owner will need to carry out the needful repairs and later file a reimbursement with the insurance provider. In this manner, you need to submit all original bills and payment receipt of the repair work carried on the vehicle to smoothen the reimbursement process.
No claim process goes paperless, you will need to submit minimum documents to complete your claim process.
1. Duly signed and filed a claim form
2. RC of the goods carrying a vehicle with a photocopy.
3. Driver's license of the driver while driving during the time of the accident.
4. FIR copy in the event of third party death or injury or property damage.
5. Fitness certificate
Some of the Inclusions
1. Running your vehicle accidentally over someone and that causes injury. In this case, your insurer is responsible for compensating to the injured person.
3. Third party property
4. Own car damage
5. Personal accident cover
6. Natural calamities
7. Stolen car
8. Man-made hazards
There are some exclusions
1. General wear and tear is not a part of the claim
2. Technical break down.
3. Damages under the influence of alcohol.
4. Damages caused due to the overloading of the goods carrying vehicle.
5. Damages that may be caused due to war, radiation, etc.
5. Damages caused due to violation of the traffic rules.
6. Goods carrying vehicle driven by an unauthorized person who does not hold a valid license
There are many goods carrying vehicle insurance policy providers who proved insurance for commercial vehicles. You can customize your policy as required however a comprehensive goods carrying vehicle insurance offers the following coverage.
1. A comprehensive goods carrying insurance policy offers coverage against damages to the insured commercial vehicle due to natural disaster or man-made disasters.
2. The third-party coverage of goods carrying vehicle offers coverage against damages to the third party property or bodily injuries or death of the third party.
3. Personal accident coverage with a commercial vehicle has been made available.
4. Many insurance companies do provide the benefit of towing which may be caused due to mechanical failure. However, towing is part of a comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy.
Be smart to know what policy to buy as the Goods carrying vehicle insurance policy varies from company to company.
Well, there is a various factor that originates your premium to be paid.
1. Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle.
2. The model and type of commercial vehicle.
3. Age of the vehicle.
4. Location and registration of the vehicle.
5. Fuel type of vehicle.
Buying goods carrying vehicle insurance policy online is not just a legal requirement or do not buy insurance for your goods carrying vehicle coz it is mandatory. The above-listed benefits explain the requirement of the policy.
Good carrying insurance policy has its benefits that protect yours from financial setbacks and another aspect of the accident. Opt for a comprehensive good carrying insurance policy.
The purchase of the insurance policy for your commercial vehicle should be to the optimum protection of the vehicle and hence commercial vehicle insurance premium calculator comes in handy to take the right decision.
1. Goods carrying Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator is very helpful in buying the right policy for your commercial vehicle.
2. Goods carrying Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator helps you to get the premium amount required at the same time it helps you to understand the details in the commercial vehicle insurance policy.
3. In the event you have opted for higher coverage and benefits to your vehicle Commercial Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator will help you derive a calculative premium.
4. Goods carrying Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator helps every customer to evaluate the types of policy and coverages provided.
5. Goods carrying Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator does not only calculate the premium amount but also the ratio of settlement plan by the insurer.
Making it meeker one must read to the fine prints given in the policy documents to comprehend the coverage you will get for your vehicle. Thus fully relying on the gadgets or online tools without understanding your policy may lead to trouble. Ensure that all the clauses of the policy documents are read in detail before purchasing a commercial auto insurance policy online.
The information provided by you will decide the premium of your commercial vehicle. The main information required when calculating the commercial auto policy online is the make and model of the vehicle, date of registration and price of the commercial vehicle you wish to insure. Any additional coverages must be also classified while purchasing insurance.
Trucks and Lorry are often more expensive than normal cars to be insured. Consequently, if a truck has to be replaced due to the connection in an accident, the insurance companies often have to pay out more than they would payout for a car. Mishaps are just the motive of why insurance companies typically charge extra to ensure this type of vehicle.
Unlike any normal vehicle, you need to buy goods carrying vehicle insurance online after comparing the benefits of the insurance policy.